The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) has changed it's name to Department of Home Affairs (DHA) as of 20 December 2018.
The website is now www.homeaffairs.gov.au
Telephone remains at 131 881
Hopefully no more name changes for a while!
> Timing - documents
> Genuineness - costs
This is a very busy time for subclass 500 student visa applications.
If you want to have a visa before the start of term lodge at least 6 weeks before term commencement.
Don't delay and don't be disappointed!
Incomplete applications are likely to be rejected.
Documents must be lodged with your visa application as DHA/DIBP may reject without a RFI (request for further information).
Evidence of finances includes course fees, travel and the new $20,290 living expenses. Calculation of total must be supplied.
Don't forget evidence of direct access to funds through yourself or a family member.
GENUINE TEMPORARY ENTRANT
It is essential to put forward a submission and evidence of you being a genuine temporary entrant.
This evidence must strictly relate to your personal situation. Avoid "templates" from third parties.
Evidence should disclose:
- any gap in your employment or study since completing last school education;
- any explanation of changing study from a previous unrelated area;
- submission or evidence of your future career outside of Australia and how the course of study will assist you to achieve your plans.
NEW SCHEDULE OF LIVING EXPENSES IN AUSTRALIA
- Self student or guardian $20, 290
- partner / spouse $ 7, 100
- child (each) $ 3. 040
Further advice can be given from one of our expert registered migration agents - a short initial telephone or email advice is complimentary.