The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) offers a skilled visa for eligible people who hold a qualification in a specialised field of Engineering.
Under current Migration Regulations, check if you are eligible to apply for this visa by meeting the following requirements:
- Must be under the age of 31 years;
- Must meet certain health requirements;
- Must met certain character requirements;
- Must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government;
- The Qualification must be at the Bachelor level or higher;
- Must have completed the recognised engineering course within the last 24 months;
- The Qualification in Engineering must be accredited through an Overseas Recognised Education Institution;
*Click the link below to see if your course is recognised:
- Must have the following English Language Ability:-
- be a citizen of New Zealand, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland or the United States of America
- Have the following minimum required overall test score and the minimum required scores for each of the (IELTS) test components:
Minimum overall Score of 6;
Minimum scores for each component of Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing of 5.
An individual can be granted either a subclass 476 visa OR a subclass 485 visa, on ONE occasion only.