The ACS Website publishes these guidelines for overseas qualified IT professionals:-https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of- Criteria-2014.pdf
IT degree in Computer Engineering one year as software engineer. As qualifications are closely related one (1) further year required for ACS positive skills assessment.
- Gretchen has a degree from Berlin University in Computer Engineering. She works for an advertising agency as a multimedia and communications manager as the occupation and qualifications are not closely related she is in category 2, with 5 years work experience she would gain a positive skills assessment.
- Xinjia has Diploma IT Technology Systems from Beijing University. He has been a web designer for 4 years. He needs 6 years work experience as qualifications and occupation are not closely related. He needs 2 more years.
Meeting the Australian Standard
The Country Education Profile must be considered to assess the status and standard of the university, college or educational institution. ACS may consider the quality of your qualification.
At the time of Skills assessment application some private certifications from IT vendors may be considered as comparable to ICT degree major at AQF level.
What is Relevant Employment?
- 20 hours per week minimum
- Closely related employment needs to be at a professional level and relevant to nominated occupation
- Self-employment may have problems being accepted
Next week we will see closely related work experience and skilled migration to be “deemed skilled”.
Applications to ACS and supporting evidence and documents.
NEED IMMIGRATION ADVICE?
BOOK A FREE CALL WITH AN IMMIGRATION EXPERT TODAY
Contact us for further information, as you might also be eligible for other visa categories.
We offer free short preliminary phone assessments to advise you on eligibility and discuss your best options.
OR TRY OUR FREE ONLINE ASSESSMENT TOOL