SkillSelect is an online service that helps Australia manage its skilled migration programme.
It helps to ensure that the skilled migration programme is based on Australia's economic needs. It supports the government in managing who can apply for skilled migration, when they can apply and in what numbers.
As a result, the time taken to process a visa application is significantly reduced.
Which visas are eligible to Skill Select?
The following five visas must be applied for following submission of a successful Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect:
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled - Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
The following three visas can be applied for following an invitation by a SkillSelect-approved Australian employer:
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
Skilled Occupations Lists
Before you think about submitting an EOI, you should visit the Skilled Occupations Lists page to see if your occupation is on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) or Consolidated Occupation List (CSOL).